Friday, June 15, 2012

06_14_2012 Work at the House

Lots of activity at the house lately. We got the evaporative cooler installed. This meant a fair amount of duct work, new vents, playing on the really hot roof and in the hard-to-access attic. They did a nice job making it look good. I hear some of your saying "What is an evaporative cooler? Suffice it to say this is how people cool their homes when they live in a low humidity environment. Our humidity as been in the 7% range lately. I'd say that is low enough. I sort of laughed when I saw that darn expensive unit sitting in the yard like a piece of refuse! I'm glad I didn't see them putting it on the roof. Nerve wracking I'm sure. We also had a swarm of drywall finishers in the house. They moved FAST! By the end of the day, not much remained to be done. A little more mudding, a little bit of sanding, and they say they'll get the texturing started today. If so, I may just finish the bedroom so we can put it back together again. It'd be nice to have one room in the house in order. We were able to get our upstairs non-bedroom closet put back together yesterday! Very exciting! Enjoy the photos. They are here to finish right now. I'm getting out of their way! Free Blog Counter

No comments: