Sunday, June 17, 2012

06_16_2012 Eldo - Hair City etc...

Dave and I headed out to Eldorado for an afternoon of climbing. It was packed, so we had to walk in. Decided to climb on the Bastille. We started with Hair City. I've not been on it for a long time. It's a really fun climb and a hella lead. Dave's a great climber. Then we headed over and hopped on Blind Faith. This is another excellent climb with a hard roof - for me anyway. To date, I have not pulled the roof cleanly. Grrrr. Still, the rest of the climb was excellent. It started sprinkling a tiny bit on top, but the storm blew over. Next up, we hopped on the North cut start to the Bastille Crack. It was empty - a rarity. I'd only done it once in about 1999. Dave hadn't been on it for five years of so. Fun time and crazy one can remember particular movement even though it's been a long time. Next up, we headed over to C'est La Vie. Dave climbed it - I didn't. My day was over - I was tired. For the first time ever, my pack got pilfered by some enterprising little chipmunk. Rascal unzipped the top (thanks for not chewing a hole!) then pulled out a pack of goo. It was not to his liking - in fact he didn't even open it! Probably has learned from the packing it's something he doesn't care for. He next pulled out a Chocolate Mint Clif Bar. He like this! Little rascal ran off with it before my eyes. As we hiked down, we encountered him again. I picked up the package and he worked over the bar. :/ It was a gorgeous day. We took some photos of the area from the top of the Bastille. There was a lot of commotion while we were there. Evidently a hiker got lost and was injured. The poor EMTs looked like they were going to die hiking up to the top of the ridge to retrieve the person. Hopefully who ever got hurt is doing okay.  Free Blog Counter

No comments: