Tuesday, December 25, 2018

October 17 to 21, 2018 Hunker Sewing Retreat at Lori's house

 Lori Clayton hosted a sewing retreat at her home! It was such fun! Debby Hunker (and her mom Grace) drove from Canada so Debby could lead it. It was a small gathering and so perfect.

Again - we got to learn great sewing tricks, and meet fantastic people. For one, we met Gillian - and it was her birthday. Lori being the best hostess anywhere had a cake for her!
 Here is Debby and Lori!
 As we finished our bags (we made the Water Lily Tote), Brad took photos. I was thrilled I got mine done as I'd done none of the required prep before the retreat. Having just moved but the nix on that!

The bag has vegan leather (aka vinyl) and little dogs. It's so cute! I sent it to Rachel my sister since she has lots of dogs and I thought she'd like it.
 Addy, one of the Clayton's pups was very helpful! (sorry blurry - it's the only way I seem to take photos).
 Here are three completed bags. I totally forgot to get a photo of Lori's. :/
 The next day, we all headed down to Colorado Fabrics (except Lori who caught some crud). Here Debby is loading up for the trip home!
Grace, Debby's mom also seemed to enjoy the store. She also policed my bad habit of throwing threads to the ground. :)
Here is Gillian in the store. This place is great. And very costly.
After, we went and grabbed some lunch next door. Here is Brigette, who came from the Netherlands for the retreat, enjoying her meal.

This was such a fun retreat. Everyone we have attended have been so different and all perfect.

No comments: