Sunday, December 16, 2018

June 1, 2018 - I'm a "mere" professor now!

After several years in administration at the university, I opted to step out of administration. I've loved the work I've done, and I've especially loved the people I've worked with. However, having these very demanding administrative jobs AND all my research responsibilities is not a sustainable lifestyle. I am a productive professor (in terms of talks and publications) and remaining so is important to me.

So, as of June 1, 2018, I'm a 'mere' professor and on sabbatical until January 2019. What does this mean? Contrary to population opinion, it doesn't me I am free from doing any work. It does free me from meetings and teaching. Conducting research and published is required. I've got some fun projects going on. Look to see a new book in mid-2019 which is part of what the sabbatical is focusing on.

I should have photos of this celebration, but I was too tired from all the work to get any. :)

No comments: