Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My stuff finally gets to Boulder, I was just there for the weekend...

Though the house was sold and I was technically homeless, I still had a month to finish in St. Louis as the semester wound to a close. My colleague, TJ, was kind enough to take in me and the five parrots for the month. His dog Russell was a great host paying no attention to the birds. Russell is just a sweet dog in general.

The month went quickly since I spent about a week of it out of town. Some time in New Jersey at the College of New Jersey for some work-related stuff, and then a long weekend in Boulder helping Dave finish the unpacking and organizing the house. The moving truck arrived weeks before I did, and by they time I got here, not much remained to be done. That is so very "Dave" of Dave, and so very appreciated!





With the sale of the house, I was able to buy some new. larger and much needed parrot cages. They arrived in Boulder and Dave put them together. They just awaited their new inhabitants. It was so nice knowing that nothing but arriving remained. I'd be able to drive to Boulder, unpack the birds, have a drink and relax. Everything else was done.

Because everything was ready to go, we were able to go out and play. Here we are on the Yellow Spur in Eldorado Canyon. Great fun!






















Following this fun, I had to return to STL for the last time. We joked that I was just leaving my new Boulder home for a business trip to STL. I needed to retrieve my birds and my car. I'd be in Boulder for good very soon. Yay me!



No comments: