Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Fun Continues on Bikes...

Dave had a gift waiting for me when I arrived in Boulder. He'd told me one was waiting, we played three guesses, etc., but I had no clue what it was. I was thrilled and totally surprised to see my surprise was a new, beautiful, sparkly white road bike!



Boulder is a major biking city and I am happy to be a part of that. Dave is both a climbing and biking fanatic. My bike would not be lonely in the garage hanging around with his bikes.



The road and mountain bikes are cool, but the coolest may be his Cruiser Bike. Red with flames, a ringer and plastic parrot on the handlebars. There is a cool cruiser ride every Thursday in Boulder - I can't wait to go on my first.



Until the cruiser ride, it is road biking time. The morning after I arrived, we went to U-bikes to get some clothes for riding. I needed something bright so as not to become road kill. We selected some fun stuff and hit the road. For my first ride, we road from the house to some friend's home in Eldorado Springs, then up to Cherryvale and finished the 27 mile trek with the NCAR hill. I looked at this hill and thought "no way." With the carrot dangling of a 20 minute foot rub, I started up this thing. A man, about 85 years old jogged past me while I chugged on up. Humbling. I made it though, without stopping or expiring.

The foot rub was sweet.



No comments: