Tuesday, March 6, 2012

02_27 to 29_2012 Dave goes to Portland

Dave headed to Portland for a few days of work recently. Happily he was able to get to the coast one evening while there was still day light and no rain. He went to Cannon Beach, home of Haystack Rock.

He managed to get many beautiful photos of the area. I went to Haystack Rock about 14 years ago and remember it well. Bald Eagles flew overhead. And the rock was covered in Puffins and other assorted sea birds. Mostly puffins though. It the first and only time I've seen them in the wild. Very cool. On Dave's trip, the birds weren't there yet. A bit too early for nesting season. Hopefully work sends him back again so he can see them.

All was not lost as he did find one very large still Puffin. Even got a photo of it. :)


Just yesterday I walked into my office at the university. Our offices are decorated with beautiful photography taken by a former faculty member. First time I noticed that the beautiful black-and-white at my door is of none other than Haystack Rock. No puffins in that photo either.

Enjoy!


Free Blog Counter


No comments: