Sunday, March 11, 2012

03_11_2012 Dave's Favorite Parrot Pics

When Dave took the recent parrot photos, he took a lot! Then he asked me to pick my favorites. He doesn't believe me when I say I cannot pick favorites. I love them all. Doesn't matter to me if an eye is closed, the photo is blurry - nothing. Love them all.

So, Dave picked his own favorites. And that is what is posted here. The first photo is Gabbie. He's really grown up into a big male. He's still the most sensitive parrot I've ever met. And he's still a mama' baby. But he's a handsome boy. The second photo is of Gabbie and Grace. Right now Gabbie is the biggest of the birds (270 grams) and Grace is the smallest (210 grams). She has such an unusual expression for an Amazon. She can look directly at you, while most have to one-eye an object. When she looks directly at me, she looks like a Green Eagle.

Photo three is Grace with parrot crack - Almonds. Those are not just any almonds, those are large roasted and unsalted almonds from Trader Joe's. What? You say there is no Trader Joe's in Colorado? Indeed. We buy these in Vegas when we visit! Spoiled Parrots - and I am proud of it. BTW, Trader Joe's IS coming to Boulder! Scheduled opening is summer 2013. They'll be on the SW corner of 28th and Walnut. :)

Next up is Clover showing off her pretty wing feathers. If she extended her wing, you'd see it in all its glory. She's a sweet girl. Starting to talk a bit more. And given a second, she is darting into Henri's cage to hang out. Henri is not a fan of that.

Speaking of, next up is Henri the Ham. He sure is a glutton for attention. He will sing and whistle and do about anything for a laugh. He's really, well, Henri. :)

Can you believe that little body has been on the face of the earth for 33 years? It still blows my mind.

Because these are Dave's picks/pics, I have to include this. Being the typical hyper-critical of self person, this photo scares me. Look away from me though and look at the unusual collection of birds on me. That is Clover on the left and Grace on the right. I'm surprised I did not sustain a nasty bleeding wound from Grace for holding HER. Major jealousy issues with these two. Grace can't accept that she is Princess Gracie, Center of the Universe, while Clover is Screwy Lewey. Grace says I'm not allowed to touch her.

Finally, Dave's picks finish off with Goofball Clover in a nice pose holding an almond. You can see why Ferne loved her so.





Free Blog Counter


No comments: