Tuesday, March 6, 2012

03_05_2012 Larry Hamilton presents at UCD

Larry Hamilton of the University of New Hampshire and super-famous climber friend was in town again. We thought since he was here maybe he'd like to present on his newest research for the School of Public Affairs. Happily he agreed to do so!

He is a Climate Sociologist and his research focused on how information from research is disseminated in the media. Not only how it is disseminated, but how it is mutated and spread in very little time (e.g., days). Further his work indicates that climate change is the new and more potent wedge issue - even more so than abortion and other traditional social wedge issues.

The talk was very well attended - I guess over 50 folks came. And they came from many places. There were several special guests in attendance: Larry's mom and dad. So happy to get to meet them. Warren Hamilton is a professor at the College of Mines. Alicita Hamilton, his mom looked as proud as any mom could. Additional relatives were also in attendance. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to spend more time with them. In addition, we had academics, students, activist, state legislators and others. We were able to podcast the presentation live. I will soon have a link wherein anyone can click and watch his talk. I'll post it when I get it.

Larry fielded a variety of questions from the audience. People just loved the presentation. I'm still hearing about it. Thanks tons Larry. The School hopes we can all grab lunch next time you are in town!



Free Blog Counter


1 comment:

daveandcallie said...

Oh, and he managed to get a photo in the presentation of his dog. I appreciate that as I've managed to get some photos of my birds in some of my own presentations in the past.