Thursday, March 22, 2012

03_12 to 17_2012 New York City - Part I - ACJS

The annual ACJS conference (Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences) was in New York City this year. No surprise they had big attendance numbers. Mary Dodge and I flew in on a very work-productive flight (aren't they all?) and got an excellent overhead look at NYC. I didn't have the camera out in time to grab shots of the World Trade Center memorial and new construction. Happily, I was able to photos of them later.

Look at all those buildings! All those people!

The weather was beautiful! We arrived, grabbed our bags, then grabbed a cab to our hotel - the Marriott Marquis. This is located smack dab in the middle of Times Square. Seriously. Walk out of the hotel look left and see the iconic view of Times Square. Look right and see it again. Lot of lights!

And amazing restaurants. Huge police presence. Interestingly, the officers were in more photos than the Disney Characters roaming the streets.

As with any large gathering of people, there were some freaks running around. I managed to get a photo of someone I'd nominate and freak of the year. Guy in his underwear with a liberty crown standing around to get his photo taken. Oddly, I don't think he was even doing it for tips. :/

Because I was in NYC for almost a week, I've got a fair number of photos. So, this trip will be presented in a few different blogs. Enjoy!
















Free Blog Counter


No comments: