Monday, August 17, 2009

08-14-09: Heading Home


We got up early and took care of the rest of the trailer stuff. The most exciting being the dump station. What is the grossest about this task isn’t the smell of the black tank (toilet water) – it’s that the water from the shower smells 100x worse! What is up with that?

We drove into Bishop to get gas and as we stood at the pump, a little bat flew/fell down at our feet. A bat. I picked him up and walked him across the street to a tree. He crawled out of my hands and up the tree. I wished I’d gotten some photos – he had such cute tiny feet, a teeny little tail, and cute little eyes and a nose. They really do appear to be nothing more than flying mice. Adorable!

As I type this, we are on the road hoping to make it home by tomorrow evening the 15th. Trips are always fun, but I am equally looking forward to getting home and seeing the parrots. Once we get home, we’ll hit the ground running – we have friends coming from out of town, a picnic planned, and the semester begins. Good times!


Free Blog Counter


No comments: