Sunday, August 16, 2009

08-09-09: Delirious Dave and some Hotsprings

Can a bed ignite from fever? I really began wondering if it was possible during the night – Dave had a fever like I’ve never witnessed. He was so hot I wondered if he’d start seizing or something. It was a long restless night for us as his body battled whatever critter was in him.

The next morning, he reluctantly admitted that plans to climb Cardinal Pinnacle had to be canceled. I think we were all disappointed, but understanding. Dave was very disappointed, but couldn’t deny how sick he was. Kenny was disappointed, but I think it his trip was as much to spend time with Dave as it was to climb. Cardinal Pinnacle would wait for the next trip. And I was disappointed because I dreaded the hike and the climb with my lame foot. This meant I’d be doing the climb when Dave felt better! Drat!

We had breakfast at Tom’s Place Café, and then headed to some hot springs that Kenny found while out with his kids once. They were wonderful. And they came complete with a teddy bear that watched over us! The views of the Wheeler Crest were gorgeous.

After a while, we headed back to the trailer to relax. After some visiting, Kenny headed back home in the Los Angeles area. We lounged around reading and it was then we saw we had a new house guest – a mouse!!!

Pente alerted us to this new, cute, but unwanted guest. There wasn’t much we could do but hope she took care of convincing the mouse that someplace else was better suited for him. We got to bed early for some much needed sleep while the cat hunted all night long.


Free Blog Counter


No comments: