Sunday, August 16, 2009

08-02-09: Medlicott Dome in Tuolumne Meadows

We got up early the next day and found a nice camp site in the Lower Lee Vining campground. We got a nice spot on the end where we would have no neighbors on one side. Plus, the site had a small meadow-like area that provided a nice place to sit and relax. This offered a great opportunity for Dave to practice his newly developed cat-cleaning technique (see video at the bottom of this entry).

After setting up, we grabbed our gear and hurried out to climb at Medlicott Dome. This is one huge dome! Dave selected this area since it was easy access and had some routes he thought I’d like. And it was very nice. Unfortunately, I didn’t climb much because it was now that my foot really started hurting. The short hike in really wrecked it. I ended up climbing the routes I did with my left hip to the wall so I could outside edge on my left foot. The pain detracted greatly from what should have been a very fun time. My pesky foot was problematic for most of the trip unfortunately.

Neither of us can recall exactly which routes we did - mostly just got on stuff that was to the right of the infamous Bachar-Yerian.












Free Blog Counter


No comments: