Sunday, August 16, 2009

08-03-09: Daff Dome and Lembert Dome

We were up early and off to Daff Dome. We had hoped to get on West Crack, but instead encountered A LOT of folks lined up for this. My foot did *okay*. The only thing available here was to climb Bombs Over Tripoli. I saw the crack, my foot squealed in agony, so I assumed belayer duty. So up Dave went.


When he came down, the situation at the base of West Crack was no better. In fact, it had worsened as we watched a man who seemed intent on killing himself in front of his 9 year old son. We didn’t want to see the splat, nor did we want to assist in a carry-out, so we took off for Lembert Dome.

At Lembert Dome, we climbed the Direct NW Face. It is a pretty route, and Dave glided up in it in his normal fashion. For me, it didn’t go well and I had a very angry foot by the time I got to the top. At this point I wondered if my trip would consist of me sitting in the fifth wheel eating snacks and becoming a whale while Dave got out and had fun.









Free Blog Counter


No comments: