Tuesday, May 5, 2009

4/30/09 - Rest Day - Yay!

Today was a rest day. We decided to go to try “The Drifter” tomorrow. It would be a Looooooong hike. And a very hard climb so a rest day was in order. I knew I’d suck on the climb. Dave at least had a chance if we rested.

So, what to do on a rest day/? We first called Clare in Pahrump. Clare adopted Pickle, the youngest of my Lilac Crowns while I lived in St. Louis. She lived in Northern Arkansas at the time. I’ve not seen Clare or Pickle in years and with them so close, I couldn’t resist.

Sadly, Clare had the flu and we terribly ill. No visit there.

We tried again to connect with my Aunt Judy also. She was too busy so it seems we won’t be seeing her or the rest of the family on this trip.

We did head into town for a run to Trader Joe’s. We needed to stock up on their hand cream (great stuff!) and dry-roasted, unsalted almonds. The birds go NUTS over these almonds. They are the ultimate bribery tool.

Other than this excitement, we lounged around and hid from the wind. It never seems to stop.







Free Blog Counter


No comments: