Friday, May 29, 2009

05- 2009 Lots of climbing!

Since our winter (that is, the month of April) ended, we've been climbing a good amount. I've been in the gym quite a bit, and we've been outside as well. Mostly, we've been in Eldorado Canyon (though there was a rainy trip to Clear Creek recently...climbing+lightning=no fun!).

We've been on some fun classics in Eldo - Hair City is one that I've really enjoyed. We've been on it a couple of time in the last few weeks.

We got on Sunset Boulevard a week or so ago. I could not make the big reach try as I might. I wore myself out trying at least. Last night, we got on it again and I got the move. It's a fun route.

We went to Super Slab a week or so ago as well though it wasn't quite as nice given the sun was directly above us. Nothing like climbing slab in the blinding sun. May as well have been blind-folded!

And, we've headed into the canyon on some easier stuff so I could lead. I did Calypso
and Wind Tower. Then Dave led us up Tagger.

Yesterday's trip into Eldo after Dave got home from work was fun mostly because he was trying out his new harness. His old one was not in good shape, but prying it from him has proved difficult. Finally, he tried on the new Arcteryx harness and he was sold. We both have that harness now and though it doesn't look possible, it's super comfortable and so light weight.

Great times! I've attached several photos from these various outings. Enjoy!

















Free Blog Counter


No comments: