Monday, May 11, 2009

05-09-2009 - Eldo and Bear Peak with Carol



On Saturday, Carol and I headed to Eldorado Canyon to do some fun climbs. Her shoulder is and has been injured so I got to do the leading today.

We knew it'd be crowded, but it was far more crowded than we anticipated. After seeing all the folks on Wind Tower, we hiked over to Whale's Tail - and to our surprise, no one was there.

So, off I went. It is a fun and easy climb - a good place to place gear since I'd not done so since Dave and I were at Devil's Tower.

We ran into Chris Archer (one of the climbers highlighted in Dave's movie "Gray Hair and Gravity") and chatted a bit.

Then we headed back to see if Wind Tower was any better. There were people all over the thing still! So we took off and hiked up to toe shoulder of Bear Peak. Saw many flowers, critters and lots of broken trees. I guess this happened during the last wet and heavy snow storm.

In all, it was a great day hanging with Carol. And a great workout. I was zonked at the end of the day!




















Free Blog Counter


No comments: