Sunday, June 29, 2014

06_26_2014 Rest Day in Pagosa Springs (Day 5)

We spent the rest day in Pagosa Springs. It's a great little city with some fun "center" areas.  Not surprisingly, it is named for hot springs that are all over. They are cool (who doesn't love hot water!), but smelly. Like sulfur. It's the nature of them I know, and in time I got used to it. It did keep me out of the water though. I didn't want to smell it for days.

The river water, unlike the springs, was cold!
Pretty flowers around.
Dave at the river's edge.
Here is our friend Bob who braved the cold to swim in the river.
Then he friended a couple of little boys with a boogie board...it wasn't long before Bob would out in the river on the boogie board!
The negotiation...
And the win!
Bob crushed the wave for a while, then came back to shore.
Parry, Bob, Dave and I walked around town and later grabbed a light bite to eat.
Walking around town...
Looking back at the river and the springs along side it.
At street level was this spring. The minerals in the water (that I smelled - ick) make for these wild mounds.
Look at all those springs!
It was a fun day roaming around town. Dave and I ended up eating a nice salad then headed back to our nice little camp beneath the bleachers. Tomorrow we head to Creede via Wolf Creek Pass.

No comments: