Monday, July 9, 2012

07_09_2012 Granite Countertops Arrive!

In my mind, the granite had been getting crazier, bluer, brighter, harsher and just plain ugly. It was nice to see it again and see that none of those fears were realized. The granite is gorgeous and work perfectly with the cabinets and paints. Phew!
I'm glad I was at home to see the installation. It was far more involved than I ever dreamed. I guess I thought they'd come in and plop down the slabs and be gone in an hour. In fact, it was about five hours of hard labor. True, most of our slabs were small (it's still a small kitchen!).  But getting the fit right was work. Getting the longest slab in place required brute strength and three guys (and me with a camera if that offered any assistance). Ha.

Not only do these guys install, but the deal with other issues. A cut wasn't right. No problem. An edge was not polished. No biggy. They took care of this stuff on the spot. It was loud, and it created a lot of smoke, but fixing these minor issues was not big deal.
In the end, they are in! And they look beautiful. I wish I were a better photographer so I could better show them. Tomorrow the painter returns for the ceiling. The humidity is falling so I think he'll be able to get it done. That means only one more day of living in the plastic palace. Lots of plastic everywhere to protect while paining. Glad to have it, but we won't miss it when it's gone. It's getting closer!  Free Blog Counter

1 comment:

SteelMonkey said...

Granite and new cabs look really good together!!!