Thursday, August 26, 2010

08_24_2010 Moonlight Ascent of Third Flatiron!

Full moon! That means it's time for a full moon ascent of the third flat iron!

Quinn, Mike Munger, Dave and I headed up for this event. We all had lots of goodies in our packs. And we had nice weather.

Climbing went well (my feet hardly whined). I did end up climbing a bit of it in the pitch black darkness. It was the first time not to solo this climb and I was happy to have a rope! Given my feet and the fact that I could see nothing, it was nice to know if I made a misstep I wouldn't fall a. long. damn. way. to the bottom!

We got to the top and enjoyed the perfect weather with sushi, wine, beer, and other assorted goodies. Better than the food was the company.

Heck, all the good food made be forget about my black eye. It was almost gone (it is STILL almost gone) but it is still clear in many of the photos (it's a long story that doesn't involve violence or a bike crash. No worries).

We are fortunate to have such awesome friends. Thanks for coming along with us!

























Free Blog Counter



No comments: