Sunday, August 8, 2010

08_06_2010 Tuolumne and Some Serious Stink-Buggin'!

Today Dave and I got up early and headed back to Tuolumne Meadows. Dave was going to spend the day climbing with Ed Hartouni who was in from the Bay Area. Because it seemed likely they would end up on some multi-pitch stuff, I brought a variety of things not knowing how I’d end up spending my day. Tenaya beach? Hiking? Lounging? Who knew?

We arrived to find a change in plans. Ed had some friends in from Chicago. He (Mike) hadn’t climbed in five years, and his wife Eleanor was not a climber. There were to have climbed and hung out the day before, but that didn’t happen. Minerals (aka Bryan Law) was also there ready to get out. Given the group, it was decided that we would head to the Razor Wall to climb some of the new routes Minerals had been bolting. With this plan, I got to hang out with the group.

The day involved a LOT of stink-buggin! Lots of slab and delicate moves ensured. I was even able to climb some very short easy sections without my feet complaining. Mostly I just jawed at the base of the climb.




Afterwards, we all headed back to the Tuolumne Grill for a drink and chatting. Dave Lane joined up there as well. After this, we headed down Tioga Pass to the Mobil Station to have our last meal of fish tacos before heading back to camp.

Bye bye Tuolumne – until next time.






Free Blog Counter


No comments: