Wednesday, August 11, 2010

08_11_2010 A New Toy: Welcome Home Ruby!

While on vacation, I read a pile of Road Riding magazines. Man, those things are bad news. They are loaded with pretty photos of pretty bikes and pretty bike things that I don't have. Funny, after reading the mags, I *needed* these things. :)

Seriously, I'd been talking about upgrading my bike for a little bit, it was in the magazine that I first saw her, and for that reason, it was the magazines that sealed my fate.

The Specialized Ruby Expert. Sparkly! Shiny! Pretty!

And today, I brought her home. Though it was 96 degrees when I brought her home, I got her ready for her first ride. Did three laps up NCAR then rode around the Shanahan area. Not only is she pretty, she's smooth and fast and purrs. Plus, it's clear this bike *wants* to go fast.

Hopefully the crazy gusting winds will die soon and I can take her out for a big ride.


Free Blog Counter



No comments: