Thursday, March 25, 2010

3_25_2010 More foot gore - stitches are removed...

Foot surgery number two was on March 15th, almost exactly three months after the first. It's been a different experience, but still it's not been too big a deal. I feel like the foot is healing faster this time. There is way less swelling. Still excellent bruising. And oddly, a wee bit more pain, though overall I wouldn't call it painful. The worst part was I didn't handle the anesthesia so well this time. I paid for several days for that. Blargh.

I stopped using crutches at about a week. Last time, people had to pry my crutches away from me at about 2.5 weeks. And even then, I carried them with me 'just in case.' It is clear where the saying 'it's like a crutch' comes from!

As noted in the previous few blogs, I spent my first week of recovery at home with Dave and my Mom helping. Dave had a fair amount of work to do so during the day, Mom and I made lots of clothes (not only for the cat).

She's since gone home and I've continued sewing. Got two skirts and one cat dress done yesterday. Today the sewing machine is out getting a tune-up. Can't wait to get it back!

Today we went to get the stitches out. Hurrah! Plus, we got to see the post-surgery x-rays. I was anxious to see these since the morning after the surgery, I tripped on the crutches, fell and caught my full body weight on my surgery foot. Not pleasant and even more scary.

Happily the foot looked good so I didn't mess up the work.

Enjoy the before and after x-rays. And the stitch removal photos. Some of the bruising is actually showing in these photos! Two more weeks and I get to wear real shoes. Six more weights and I can start climbing again.

The first photo is a before surgery x-ray. The second has both the 'after' and the 'before' x-ray. The third is a close up of 'after'. I think the rest are self-explanatory.


Free Blog Counter


No comments: