Friday, October 23, 2009

10_18_09 Grand Junction CO ro "More Lizards, Less People"

After a nice night camping, we got up and headed into Fruita to the coffee shop to relax. It's a cool little area with quite the concentration of unique people.

After a while, we drove to the trailhead to hike into Otto's Route. We'd done Otto's Route more than a year before but thought it'd be fun to do it again. The hike isn't bad, and the route easy.

We'd see what my foot had to say about it.

The hike was pretty. It was warm which was good. The trees were changing and quite beautiful. And it was warm. Did I mention how nice it was to finally be warm?

:) A cool part of the hike was seeing a Petroglyph. Dave had walked passed it for decades and not noticed it - but there it was right on the main trail. Very cool!

We got to the climb to see quite the crowd at Otto's. In the end, it was okay as they let us pass to summit.

The fun of the climb was greatly diminished given my foot. And the hike out was awful. I announced at the car that I was done with any hiking until the surgery. I now look forward to it 100% instead of partially dreading it and partially being happy it's coming. It can't come too soon now as far as I'm concerned.

At the bottom of the rap, Dave played on a 'surf' boulder. Check out the video below...







Free Blog Counter


No comments: