Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10_08_09 Houston Visit - Part I

Dirk and Nancy post copious photos of exotic birds all the time. It's clearly designed to drive me nuts. I decided it was time to break out the big guns and post my own exotic bird photos.

How do you two like THESE birds? Eh? I got your exotic fowl.

And I didn't even have to go to Australia for these. Nope, these birds are Houstonians.

Dave went to Arizona to climb with some friends of ours. Slab climb. Bleck! So I decided to go to Houston instead and spend a little time with my fowled family.



Unlike the trip to Chicago, this trip I remembered my camera. Yet, surprising even myself, I was able to fail to get many photos I wanted.

Photos of my sister = FAIL.

Photos my brother = FAIL.

Nieces = FAIL.

Brother-in-law = FAIL.

Downtown buildings = FAIL (weather induced).

I did however get many photos of the birds around the house. They include chickens, ducks, geese, chicks, peafowl, parrots.




It was a short but fun trip. Hopefully we'll get back in the spring in time for alligator mating season. I love seeing the males do their ritual!




Free Blog Counter


2 comments:

nancy said...

Hey, I can't find any of those in my Aussie birdbook! But those are some handsome looking chooks! And it's not every day you see a peafowl! :o)

Dirk & Nancy said...

Wow - those are some exotic foul! I see a few that look, with a little Texas BBQ sauce, like they would be good eatin'!!!!