Wednesday, December 31, 2008

12/31/08 Happy New Year! and a recipe for Velma!

Happy New Year to everyone! We just ate a terrific meal and are headed out to some friend's home to celebrate a while - it's been a great year hasn't it? Before we go, I wanted to share the sunflower seed bread recipe that Velma requested. It's really yummy!

For 1.5 pound loaf

.75 cup sour cream
5 tbsp water
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp honey
.75 tsp salt
3 tbsp oat bran
.75 cup whole-wheat flour
2.25 cups bread flour
2.25 tsp yeast
4.5 tbsp sunflower (unroasted and unsalted) seeds. I was sloppy on this and much more spilled into the bread on purpose. :)

Mix it all together then knead it like crazy. Let it rise. Knead it more and shape it into the loaf you want. Let it rise again (I was winging it and let it rise an hour). Then I tossed it in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes and it was perfect!

Hope you enjoy it! :)


Free Blog Counter


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Callie (and Dave), Happy new year. I can't figure out what I did with your email address so will you please email me when you can find the time? I hope ya'll are well, Scott Jacques

Velma said...

Thanks Callie!