Thursday, December 11, 2008

12/11/08 - Grounded for Winter

Winter arrived. In one evening, we got about 9.5" of snow. Days later, it is still on the ground. It was inevitable though given the late arrival, I started thinking we'd escape the snow this year. Ha!



The trailer is stored and we will be hanging out for the winter months so there won't be any fun travel photos. Instead, now we are entertaining ourselves at home. This includes working, hanging with the critters, trying new cool drinks and watching movies.



Last night we watched "Talk To Me". Neither of us heard of the title before but thought we'd give it a try based on a trailer we saw on another silly movie. Talk To Me was really terrific (tears flowed), and it's based on a true story which is always a plus to me. It is highly recommended.


The stupid movie of the week is Ironman. Fantastical. Entertaining if you realize it's ridiculous. There were clearly some laughs and the suit was cool. But a lot of it required such massive suspension of reality that I scoffed. If you are really desperate, I'd watch it. Otherwise, skip it.



Next up on the Netflix Queue is Mars Attacks and Reservation Road.



Dave has been busy doing a lot of filming for a couple of projects. Yesterday I was an assistant for the first time. He needed to interview an individual, but didn't want them looking in the camera. So I sat there so they guy could look at and talk to me. The interviewee was a riot so it was a good time. I may have a future as a focal point. Too bad it doesn't pay well. HA!



Dave's also been consulting quite a bit so his schedule is pretty full. That works out okay since I've been working a ton as well. I've been hacking away at too many research projects. I got two papers out for review last week and have several about 1/3 to 1/2 along. Now I just need about 40 hours a day. It's nice to really love the work again. Environment and balance makes all the difference.



Not much else, just regular life which is great!




Free Blog Counter


1 comment:

nancy said...

I want one of those fancy-schmancy drinks! The parrots look like they're enjoying themselves!