Sunday, December 28, 2008

12/28/08 - The smell of freshly baked bread - MMmmmmmm!



Dave and I are still around, working hard and playing hard too. We have been hitting the weight gym and the rock gym.



And we've been still taking advantage of Netflix. We watched Bad Santa several days ago. Uhhhh, it was okay, but I will say that the badness in it went way over the top. Plus it was the first time in my life that I've been turned off by EXCESSIVE profanity. We also saw Jim Carey's the Grinch which was quite entertaining. Tonight or tomorrow will be In Bruges. And after that, we are compelled to watch Shakes the Clown. A friend simply will not rest until we do.



Aside from the inside activity, Dave enjoys getting out in this weather. In fact, he's on his bike ride now. Toooooo cold for me. If I get enough layers on to go out there, I can't bend my arms or legs.



Found a new fun thing to do as well. I baked my first loaf of bread ever today! I opted to bake a loaf of french bread and I was actually surprised that it tastes exactly like french bread!



Let me qualify the word "baked". While I am proudly taking credit for the bread making, an appliance did all the dirty work. I did however meticulously measure the ingredients, place them in precise order in the pan, and I removed the finished product from the pan at the right time. Clearly, the machine couldn't have done it without me.



Judging from the sounds of chewing lips and beaks in the house (the cat wasn't interested), I'd say the bread making is a success. Happy for that since bread is $5 a loaf these days. The next loaf I think will be Sunshine bread - it has sunflower seeds in it! Yummy!



Free Blog Counter


No comments: