Tuesday, December 30, 2008

12/30/08 - RIP Bread Machine


Happy with my initial success of bread making and feeling more confident, I set out to bake a loaf of sunflower seed bread. YUM! I got the ingredients, measured carefully, loaded the breadmaker and hit "start".

It sat there. And did nothing.

I did notice that it say "preheating". So I tried to be patient...FOR FORTY MINUTES. Nothing happens. Nothing was even getting warm. Finally, after resetting everything, doing all sorts of voodoo maneuvers to make the machine work, I had to admit it was dead.

Thank goodness a friend was over to encourage my attempts and finishing this loaf by hand. After some kneading and rising and kneading and rising, into the oven it went. I was already calling it the "brick loaf" before it came out, but to my surprise, it came out delicious!

I would post a photo of the bread (it was a beauty!) however all that remains are some crumbs on the counter and some crumbs in the corner of Dave's mouth. I can now confidently declare myself weened from the bread machine. Our short relationship was sweet, but all things must come to an end.

Next loaf - sunflower and cranberry!


Free Blog Counter


No comments: