Friday, April 27, 2012

04_17 to 22_2012 Joshua Tree California - First few days

Dave and I headed out to Joshua Tree for a fun event - the Gordofest. Long story short, a bunch of climbers got together and donated time and money for the Gordons who needed a new roof and other basic necessities. It was also an excuse to get together too.
We stayed at SteelMonkey Greg and Mrs. Felicia SteelMonkey's house - a mile or so from the park gate. Very convenient and deluxe accommodations as well as company.
The first day, Dave and I headed out to climb. One fun thing we did was to take a photo of us on the Watonobe Wall - a photo similar to the one we took when we met. Very fun!

Greg didn't arrive until the next day, and Felicia the day after. We spent time in the BAKING heat and even made a quick trip to Morongo for some birding one morning before Felicia arrived.
After Greg, Riley and Ginny arrived, the three of us spent some time climbing.   I didn't climb as much. This place is wicked cruelness on the feet. :(  Makes me believe I won't really ever climb much in J-tree again with my feet. :/

Still, had fun with Dave and Greg watching birds, climbing, relaxing and enjoying the sunset.
Several more blogs coming your way regarding this trip in the next few days. Then hopefully I'll have some updated photos on the house work too. Framing starts on Wednesday!
u
s

Free Blog Counter

1 comment:

nancy said...

My goodness, what big ears you have! What a ham...