Monday, May 2, 2011

4_10 to 12_2011 Fisher Towers & Castleton Tower solo fun

I'm starting a new full time job in a few weeks and my consulting contract had just run out, so what does a responsible 50 year old do? Pack up and hit the road for some fun in the desert before I get locked in cubeland forever!

My first stop was the Fisher Towers area where I did some photo hiking and did the "Top of The World" mountain bike ride. This ride provides serious uphill riding combined with very technical steps and loose rock. I was able to ride most of it, but had to walk a couple hundred feet total. A pretty brutal ride that rewards the participant with fantastic views of the Fisher Towers far below...

The next day I climbed the Kor-Ingalls route rope solo style for my 30th overall ascent of Castleton Tower. The tower's summit is always such a great place to be! Only a couple of pictures from that as I'm usually pretty busy when climbing roped solo...

Apres climbing, I enjoyed a fine margarita and let Pente do some desert dirt rolling...



















Free Blog Counter


1 comment:

Paul said...

Well played, Dave. This looks like a fabulous trip.