Saturday, May 28, 2011

05_28_2011 Dave leaves for Peru

After months of planning, training, plotting, and dreaming, Dave left this morning on the bus to the airport. Destination: Peru. He and some buddies are there for almost three weeks to summits some high peaks.

It'll be quieter, messier and there will be far fewer food choices here at the house without him around.

Given where they are going, I won't have much if any communication with him while he's there.

Look for a big trip report when he returns...



Free Blog Counter


2 comments:

Leslie M. said...

Bon Voyage! I have just enjoyed your beautiful book, "Images 2010" that Kim brought me from his recent visit. Thank you for signing it. I've waited until I had all things in order (reasonably) so I could take it all in and not be distracted. Well worth the slight wait.

A true visual treat. I started to pick out my favorites toward the beginning and finally gave up because there were so many. The information to accompany the captures was concise and 'perfect' in my opinion.

It is a gem and I'm looking forward to a 2011 edition. Thank you.

Your kindness to Joe is very much appreciated. I can tell he had a great time with you and Pente and the 32 year old green bird - name escapes me. :)

daveandcallie said...

Leslie:

So happy you enjoyed the book! Dave is on some mountain top in Peru right now, but I wanted to touch base. He is really talented and I don't think he even realizes it. :) Having Kim and Joe here was a real treat! Pente was certainly happy for the visitors too. As was Henri (the 32 yo bird). It's a friendly flock in this house.

I look forward to seeing them again, and hopefully getting a chance to meet you one of these days. Thanks again.

Best,

Callie