Saturday, May 28, 2011

05_28_2011 Luisa and Callie in Eldo

Luisa, our friend from Vancouver CA, is in town for a conference that starts after the weekend. She's hanging here at the house to enjoy some of the fun Boulder has to offer. First up: Eldorado Canyon.

I dropped Dave off at the bus stop this morning for Peru, then Luisa and I headed in for some climbing. We hiked up to the Rincon Wall for some fun. First climb was Emerald City. This, for some reason, is the only climb I got photos of her on. Bummer.

From the top of this, we did the second pitch of Over the Hill. I don't think I've been on that pitch before - great fun! One move of WTF?? and then good fun face climbing. After hiking down, she did the first pitch of Over the Hill. I watched having done it before and knowing it is a foot killer. I may have new feet, but I don't want to wreck them in record time. :)

We hiked back down along the base and hopped on the .9 - I think it's called Rincon. Fun. Especially exciting was the long, virtually unprotected traverse (there isn't any gear!) to get to the belay station. Once slip there would NOT be forgotten. The scars would last a long time too! :)

After cleaning this, she hopped onto the .10b climb called "Five ten crack". Good times!

Though it threatened to rain all day, and it was consistently cold, we managed to get a full day in. It was great fun!

After climbing, we went straight to Sherpas Restaurant for some delicious Tibetan food. Mmmmm. Excellent day. Tomorrow we may go mountain bike riding, or climbing...we'll see what the weather has in store for us.






Free Blog Counter


2 comments:

TheKate said...

Bear says: "Wow. I've never seen her. These are great pictures. Make sure that everybody sees these."

Which looks like this he types: iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

daveandcallie said...

Ha! Tell Bear to come back to visit and I'll get him in this blog too. I know he stars already in his own, but one cannot be featured too often. :)