Wednesday, May 4, 2011

4_13 to 17_2011 Indian Creek fun

For part 2 of the pre cubeland road trip, I headed to Indian Creek to meet up with a couple of friends for climbing and mountain biking. I arrived late Tuesday afternoon and set up the camper in a nice small camp spot down one of the side canyons.

On Wednesday, I found my friend Peggy at a nearby camp and we climbed some really fun routes at the Optimator wall. This was the first strenuous crack climbing I had done since my arm surgery and I was pleased that the "new" arm worked pretty well! Nice weather that day, not crowded for climbing. Early that evening Greg arrived from Phoenix and I had him follow me to our camp spot as he had never been here before.

In the morning it was cool and windy, so with a slow start we headed to the Way Rambo wall where Greg got to do his first Indian Creek routes! We did 4 or 5 classic crack routes, then headed back to camp. Good fun! Next day we headed up to the Bridger Jack spires and climbed Easter Island and Sunflower Tower. I think Greg really enjoyed the tower summits and views.

Apres climbing margaritas were on the menu... Day 3 we headed up and climbed a few classics on the Technicolor wall, then switched gears and did a fun moderate mountain bike ride out to the Colorado River overlook to top off the day. On Sunday we were both a bit tired, so after a slow morning we packed up. Greg headed home to Phoenix and I headed west towards Red Rocks part part 3 of the tour...






























Free Blog Counter


No comments: