Sunday, February 13, 2011

02_13_2011 Hey! Waydaminute! Old photos

So I'm getting ready to do another blog entry and I'm downloading some photos from the camera. It is then that I find some fun photos that *should* have been included on some previous entries. For example, the fireplace delivery and installation.

I thought I'd post them since I (for some reason) find them sort of cool. I guess I never expected a fireplace to require a crate, several men, disassembling in the front yard, multiple holes drilled through the house, failed inspectionS and ultimately victory (and heat).

I didn't expect the installation to involve four drilled holes through the wall to the outside (only one was needed and used. If the installer were a baseball player he would have been called out on strikes).

And though not photographed, in my perfect world the fireplace would have passed inspection the *first* time. As I told the installation company (with 30+ years of business) that after paying over $700 to install it, one would think it'd pass inspection the FIRST time, or the second time. It took three tries for this group. At least they wouldn't have struck out twice.

I guess I'm just silly for having a little anxiety when the installer is reading the instruction manual!! Ah, all's well that ends well. :) We do love the fireplace!



Anyway, I digress. Enjoy the fun photos of renovations.










Free Blog Counter


No comments: