Tuesday, September 12, 2017

4_30_to_5_16_2017 Indian Creek - Dave

For the first week of May I traveled to the Canyonlands area of Utah to climb and mountain bike for 6 days.

This is the afternoon view from my camp spot in the Bridger Jack area of Idian Creek :-)
Another late day view across the valley in Indian Creek.
The camping spot at Indian Creek, shared with my friend Peggy from the Santa Barbara area.  Some other friends joined us as well.
A cattle skeleton on the hike up the wash to the first day's climbing.
A short but nice 5.10 corner climb at the "Selfish Wall", one of the more recently developed crags at Indian Creek.
Desert plants are tough!
A really fun couple from Snowmass who joined us to climb for a couple of days (forgot their names, doh!)
View from the base of the Petrified Hornet wall, site of a days worth of fun and strenuous crack climbing.
Looking up the namesake route, Petrified Hornet, which starts with some cruxy face climbing on small wired stoppers for the crux of the route.
An 11c thin hands splitter that had me whining at about 2/3 height.  Great climb, but a little bit too hard for me to climb cleanly...
Another view of this very cool splitter at Petrified Hornet.
The crew at the base of Petrified Hornet
Our crew dog mascot snoozing on the cam collection.
On the way down from Petrified Hornet wall.
My friends Ralph and Eve who live in Moab are building a new home on their property, hard work!
My campsite up on the mesa north of Moab.  I based out of here for 2 days of fun mountain biking, all new trails for me :-)
The view from Dead Horse Point.
Dead Horse Point selfie
On the first days ride, the Navajo Rocks loop.  Some challenging riding on this loop joined by easy/moderate sections.
Dinner at my mesa campsite.
Second day of riding, same shirt ;-)  This was a multi-trail composite ride in/around Dead Horse Point state park.  Good stuff!

No comments: