Friday, June 28, 2013

6_25 to 7_02_2013 Mom, Hannah and Zoe visit Colorado ... Part 1

My mom and nieces Hannah and Zoe came for a visit in Colorado. Unfortunately Dave had to leave the country for work and will miss all the fun. Packed schedule has us busy. 
First stop of the week was Sherpas Restaurant. Excellent Himalayan food. Yum. Zoe enjoyed.
Mom steals some of Hannah's food. The food is that good.
The next morning, we got up and did a bird walk at the South Mesa Trail Head (no photos). After that, we headed to NCAR for the guided noon tour.
I fully admit I love the NCAR tour ....this is my 5th trip there I think.
NCAR....thanks National Science Foundation!
Hannah plays in some clouds.
Here we learn about the atmosphere. This photo only shows the lowest levels of the atmosphere and the cool climatic things that happens there.
You can't see this, but this exhibit is a faux tornado. Fun to stick one's hand in it as Zoe is doing.
NCAR tour concludes - Hannah and mom pose for a photo.
Next stop: Celestial Seasonings Tea Tour! This is my second time for this - great fun! And a fab gift shop. Yes, that is me saying that. It's that good.
The standard 'here we are!' photo.
Hair nets worn by all. No photos in the factory sadly. Zoe sports her stylish hair net. Mom would disown me if I put up her photo. Send me cash and I will email this photo to you directly. :)

  Free Blog Counter

No comments: