Wednesday, December 26, 2012

12_26_2012 Merry Christmas Part II

The package my parents sent for the holidays arrived this afternoon. When Dave got home from the office, we sat down for Christmas, Part II.

Happily we have tools at the house that allow us to open packages wrapped by  my mom. In general, they are hermetically sealed....but even that is no match for the used brain probe.

Yes, that took has actually been in someone's brain. Talk about Christmas spirit!

(Okay, it was still hard, but at least I did not impale myself or the cat while trying to open it)
The box looked familiar...same one I sent to them last year. This time it had different gifts though.
First up are a set of place mats. I'm sure mom made these. Really pretty, reversible, red and gray with birds. They match some tea cups we bought when she was here.

Not sure why Dave looks so surprised in this photo. Must have caught him between silly faces. :)
I got a metal wall-hanging. Need to figure out where to put this. Want some on the outside - Just not sure exactly where this one will go...
A t-shirt for Dave!
Some of the paper mom used to wrap was made of kevlar. Or iron. Or I'm not sure what. It didn't tear and gripped the tape like mad.
A scarf my mom made. Comes in handy on days like this (it's 13 degrees out as I type this). Especially if I go outside.
Dave opened some wrenches and then spent 30 minutes inspecting them, making the  moving part work, figuring out how they work and all sorts of other details.
An animal hat. It's mine, but you can see what happened to it.
I also opened a camelback. Dave then spent a lot of time checking it out. Had it taken completely apart. Put it back together. Unzipped and zipped all the zippers. The cat stared impatiently as she hadn't opened her gift yet and she was understanding it'd be a while for her. In the end, the camelback was deemed a winner. :)
I got a hold of it for a photo..
The cat was scratching at her gift this entire time.
Here is my camelback during tear-down. Dave then opened his last gift and got the same camelback!
The cat went next. She was quite interested in the bag and the tissue paper.
Out popped a cat box. She wasted NO time getting right in the box where her favorite tissue now resides.
She rolled and attacked and snorted. Good times.
She looks calm here, but walking by would get you a guaranteed smack from a long leg extending from the box where she is clearly invisible. She loves it!  Thanks for all the goodies!! Free Blog Counter

No comments: