Monday, September 5, 2011

8_25 to 28_2011 Crested Butte...Again

This was to be a weekend of a bike tour for Dave and me. The same bike tour we had planned two years ago that my feet but the stop to. And now, other body parts have rebelled and forced a cancellation. So instead of a fun tour, we headed for a long weekend in Crested Butte.

We found a nice camping spot with a great view and an amazing bonus rainbow (photo doesn't do it justice of course). From the camping site, we were able to get on our mountain bikes and head out.

Since I'm still grounded and not supposed to 'exert myself', I did some easy riding including heading into South Crested Butte and to the main Crested Butte. Dave took off and did his normal super difficult double-black-diamond rides.

The cat loved our campsite. She has never taken off during walks like she did here. She had places to go and she wanted to get there fast. She walked and walked until we finally took her back to the trailer. We later tried to tire her out with some feline pull-ups. That did the trick. :)

On our final day, we did some easy riding out of Crested Butte. I did fine, but seriously, I'm the worst mountain biker there is. I also got stung by a bee that flew down my top (bastard). I was able to get him out while riding before he did more damage. He paid the ultimate price for that fool move.

It was a good time all around. While it wasn't the awesome bike tour we had planned, it was great fun. Maybe next year we can get the tour done!













Free Blog Counter


No comments: