Saturday, December 25, 2010

12_25_2010 Merry Christmas

Christmas morning 2010. Well, really, Christmas started a couple of days ago - Dave wanted to open a gift early.

Only one. We each opened four. :)


Among those were a North Face top for each of us sent by my parents. Major score! I've been wearing mine every since. It compels me to rub my hands on myself - and it seems to compel others to do the same. Happily, strangers are not doing this. :) Dave's top is exactly something he'd been ogling as well.

We work up this morning to a lot of racket downstairs. This means only one thing - bathing parrots! Sure enough I went downstairs to a room that smells like a wet parrot locker room and a lot of happily bathing birds. Plus, upon entering the room, we find that Henri had helped himself to a Christmas morning gluttony of almonds. Rascal. They concluded their bathing with some singing and talking. Very happy birds. They too had been hitting their gifts since a couple of days ago. :)

Obviously we were good this last year as Santa brought us things we wanted and needed. For me, this means a long down coat. A really warn long down coat. Now maybe I'll leave the house when it is under 70 degrees. Also I received a student voodoo doll (this is not for all students, but only a few very select ones. I'd been talking about getting one of these since T'giving). New robe, new slippers, and a HUGE surprise, the annual set of commemorative stamps. :) In addition, a bike trainer showed up. This is a joint gift to both of us. Dave can ride without worry of falling over and injuring his elbow. We'll set it up later and give it a try.

Dave got some things he's hoped for. Some gift cards for Home Depot, a Verve chalk bag (nearly impossible to secure but I did it!), a technical hoodie (which I think he'll wear for several days straight), and the grand gift - a biscuit joiner! He's in the garage right now joining miscellaneous pieces of wood together as I type this.

Hopefully everyone liked the gifts we sent as well. I'll stop with the yapping now and just wish everyone a Happy Holiday season!




























Free Blog Counter


No comments: