Sunday, December 5, 2010

12_05_2010 Almost 8 weeks post op...


Monday is my last appointment with the doc, marking 8 weeks post op. This is basically the half way point for the physiologic repair of the new tendon/bone interface. My arm feels pretty good in general, but of course it's weak and I still have to be very careful not to overload it (about 5 lbs is the current limit). I have started my first light rehab exercises - 3lb curls! Look at what used to be my arm in the pictures below - pretty funny eh?

In the immortal words of Ahnold - "I'll be back"... Well, not for a while, but I will be back! Hopefully I can start doing some very easy climbing in the rock gym by mid February, then back up to speed by mid April or so. Until then, it's hiking, rehab exercises and household projects.





Free Blog Counter


1 comment:

Dirk & Nancy said...

Dude - you are sooo buff(y). They do saying climbing is all about footwork - so there is hope