Monday, April 5, 2010

04_05_2010 Miscellaneous Stuff

Not much to report. Just sitting around waiting to be in control of my life again as opposed to my foot being in control.

It's doing really way - far better than the last one. That is actually surprising since we thought the last one did so well. You can see at two weeks, other than the obvious wounds, it looks almost identical to the left foot. Today is actually three weeks since surgery and the right foot now exceeds the left foot in terms of mobility.

Very unexpected. About 1.5 more weeks in this frankenstein shoe, then it's freedom again. I will then be able to drive my own car again. Yay! I've been able to drive the truck for about a week. That thing is huge though. It does limit where I can (or am willing) to go.

While this healing has gone far better, it's been much more difficult psychologically. I'm partially bummed and my motivation seems to have been removed during surgery. Happily, it's growing back... today was very productive. And despite it, I got word that one article was accepted for publication, an R&R was resubmitted, and a new article was sent to a journal in the last few weeks.

Now that I look at that, I guess I've been doing more than making cat dresses and hitting the refresh button on Supertopo.

In other news, Dave continues working hard on his photography. He's been getting some really nice photos too (future post coming up with some). When mom was in town, we made him a bird blind that he's put to good use. I wonder what the neighbors thought...on second thought, they probably couldn't even see him on the porch!

All else is well. Pente continues enjoying her new outfits. Plus, I made a couple for a friend. They are a riot!

Not much else - just life as usual. Looking forward to getting out on some trips!



Free Blog Counter


No comments: