Thursday, April 29, 2010

04_18_2010 Hike up Green Mountain

Every place I've ever lived has claimed a particular phrase as their own. A phrase they feel describes their locale only. You've heard it I'm sure: "If you don't like the weather in XXXXX, give it ten minutes and it'll change." I heard it in Houston. In DC. In Virginia. STL. And now Boulder (although here they say "If you don't like the weather in Colorado...").

No place is this phrase more true than in Boulder I think. For the last month or so, it has been stuck going back and forth between Spring and Winter. For instance, yesterday it was a beautiful 82 degree sunny day. Today, it is snowing. A lot. There were about 2" down when I left the house and it's expected to continue all day.

It's the THIRD snow storm this week.

One one of those Spring days, Dave hiked up to the top of Green Mountain and grabbed several photos. Thought I'd post them since the views are quite pretty. I, of course, stayed and kept my hiking confined to going upstairs and downstairs. I've two more weeks before my bones are 100% healed so no big hikes like that for me. Yet.

Enjoy





Free Blog Counter


No comments: