Wednesday, August 17, 2016

06_12 to 15_2016 St. Louis for a Conference - Spending time with Evie Merrill

This blog is way out of order, but better late than never!

Business took me to St. Louis for a quick in-and-out trip. I had almost no free time so I only contacted my former  neighbors to see if we could grab dinner. It was great seeing my former house. It look as good as it ever did which makes me really happy.
The new owners are caring for it well. And though I don't have photos, the inside has been changed. Most of the color on the walls is gone (except the green dining room, and what was the bird's room which is still a  nice blue). The kitchen was renovated with granite and it looks fab. How do I know? The new owners - two guys from Houston gave me a tour. It was really kind of them.
The flowers I planted in the back are thriving and jungle like!
A very sad part of the trip is that when I wrote to see if John and Evie could share dinner, I learned that John had passed away a few months before. He'd been battling recurring cancer.  He really was a solid human being and the world lost a lot with his death.
It was fantastic spending time with Evie. They were the best neighbors!
I hope to get back to see her again soon.
Have you ever wondered what you look like to an ant while trying to open a (locked) hatch of a Prius while the driver is applying the brakes? This. This is how I look. :)

No comments: