Tuesday, April 16, 2013

4_4_to_7_2013 Birders!

Kenny Letwin came out birding with us for an afternoon at Trump Golf Course.  Kona joined us a well but she was more interested in a golf ball. She has no innate talent for birding. :)

 Hiking around on the Palos Verdes Penisula - an urban birding weekend!

 Dave in the Botanic Gardens. Gorgeous flowers!
 Reilly, Dave E and others birding at Sand Dune Park in LA.

 Two of the three birding Steves! Birding can work up a mean appetite! We ate at Cozymels which was perfect for refueling and rehydrating.

The crew at an urban birding destination. Here we are watching some water fowl in urban LA.  Jose, Steve W, Dave Evans and Matty's arm.

 Dave watching a Ruddy Duck while birding in LA.
 Steve W, Stephen D and Callie looking at boids. This is what happens when I saw to make faces. I love this photo!! Dave, Steve W, Stephen Dexter and Jose.

 The first day of birding ended at the ocean. We saw lots of good pelagic birds. Left to right: Dave, Steve W, Stephen Dexter and Jose.
Group photo at the LA Arboretum. Callie, Steve Wolfe, Dave Evans and Matty.

 This peacock was so into his showing for the stairs, rocks, rails, and other inanimate objects that he didn't notice me creeping behind him. And he didn't care when I started goosing him either!
 A showy male Peacock has everyone's attention.
 To say the squirrels at LA Arboretum were friendly would be an understatement!
 Here a tiny Common Yellowthroat has the attention of several grown men.

 At the end of the LA Arboretum, we got a fun group photo - Callie, Dave and Steve Wolfe.
 This photo makes me laugh! Matty, Dave and Steve Wolfe.  I told them to make 'tough guy' faces. I love how it turned out!!

  Free Blog Counter

2 comments:

Steve Wolfe said...

Oh no, you posted that pic -- AAAGH! j/k -- sorta. ;o) Had a great time Dave and Callie, thanks for the photos and the memories! -- Best Wishes, Steve

daveandcallie said...

I couldn't help it Steve! It is so funny and makes me laugh every single time I see it. You should see the ones I held back!!! The make me cry from laughing!!!