Sunday, February 17, 2013

9/10_2012 Connecticut and Boston - Dave's Business Trip

I went to a hospital in Boston in early September to perform some equipment diagnosis for work. It was pretty nice weather in Boston and I hadn't been there in years so it was fun to cruise around a little bit between work outings. Here is the view out of my hotel window looking toward the river and Harvard Square on the other side. Here I am in standard hospital scrub attire. "Doctor?" The next few pics are just a few scenes from around Boston. There were quite a few people out and about as you can imagine in a city that size. Lots of sweaty joggers running on the paths along the river. Masochists. Floating boat vehicle thing. (more text below) The view from the Points Club Lounge - luckily my travel companion (not my adorable wife) has tons of hotel points so we get free afternoon happy hour drinks and appetizers. In early October, I traveled to Connecticut for an extensive four-day technical seminar on ultrasonic welding. We use this process for many of our medical devices. The first picture is one of the ultrasonic welding labs at Branson.We learned a lot about part design, weld configurations and material compatibility. After one day of the seminar we had to run an errand in Walmart so you can see me here checking out the excellent pop tart bargains. :) The next few pictures are from my old hometown of Wilton Connecticut. One of the days of the seminar finished early enough for me to drive 20 miles south for a quick tour down memory lane before it got dark. Here is my old high school. The pictures after this are my old middle school and the grocery store where I worked for years. (more text below) Here are a few pictures of our old house on Appletree Lane in Wilton, CT. The big trees you see in the cul-de-sac were planted by my father and I back in 1974. Free Blog Counter

1 comment:

Dirk & Nancy said...

ok, how come the jumbo-sized poptarts are located alongside the multi-hued brassiere isle?