Wednesday, June 29, 2011

06_28_2011 Serious Work Avoidance Going on Here

I have a crushing deadline on a paper. Usually papers seem to write themselves, but this one is fighting me - kicking and screaming at every turn. I so cannot wait to be rid of it!

So while I've sequestered myself to force this thing get finished, I am finding myself engaged in a lot of interesting work avoidance. I've haven't done as much of that since I was writing my dissertation (I was a pro back then).

One way I've accomplished this work avoidance is staring at my feet. Really. I find myself thinking they are kind of starting to look like my feet. And I find myself thinking I really need to get a pedicure. Still, this led me to look at a photo of my old feet.

I found the photo from December of 2010 and wow! Those are looking less like my feet than the feet attached to me do. And wow! I needed a pedicure then too. Okay, enough goofing off. Back to work...I wonder if the cat wants to put on a dress.





Free Blog Counter


3 comments:

Paul said...

That IS serious -- seriously ugly pre-surgery foot! I was wondering how you pulled off naked foot climbing during the tour given the foot. Obviously it's doing well. Cool! Hope the paper is wrapping.

Dirk & Nancy said...

The cat definitely needs a new dress. Also please email any other paper-writing-avoidance techniques you may have - I am tired of looking at my feet and the cat won't let me put a dress on her!

*My* paper wants me dead.....

daveandcallie said...

My paper continues to taunt me and my feet still look scary. Help!!