Sunday, January 24, 2010

01_24_10 One pair of mis-matched feet

Many have asked so I thought I'd post photos of how the hoof is looking. These photos were taken at exactly five weeks. I now have a pair of non-matching feet! The surgical foot is still stiff, a bit swollen and a different color. Still, in five weeks we are shocked at the great progress. I'm wearing my own tennis shoes (but can't fit into any other of my shoes yet). And walking, there is a small limp - a hardly noticeable one. Plus I can't walk as fast as I used to yet. I reach this conclusion because of the number of people who walk up on my heels and then huff clearly annoyed that I am apparently walking in a lolly-gagging sort of fashion.

I can't complain too much. It is the universe paying me back. I think in the past I've done the same to others I deem walking too slowly. What a jerk I've been. I've learned my lesson.

Foot two surgery is scheduled for March 15th. I dread it, but I also look forward to having all of the surgery done soon and knowing all that is left is healing. When summer comes, I can just be getting stronger and stronger!








Free Blog Counter


5 comments:

TheKate said...

I am glad you are healing!

Because of this post, I vow to never be huffy and puffy at the folks slowing me down. I will even try to keep myself from coming up with creative nicknames for those poor, recovering people.

daveandcallie said...

So, I'm in the post office today and I'm getting annoyed at a really slow person in front of me.

What is wrong with me? How quickly I forget? I hope to develop some patience before I croak, but it's times like this that I think I'm getting worse not better.

I really need to work on this in my life. :)

TheKate said...

I KNOW exactly what you mean. Yesterday, I was getting annoyed when walking behind a slow-as-molasses older man so I knocked him over. I suppose I could have walked around him but people with walkers need to learn...

daveandcallie said...

What is the saying?... "old and in the way"

Blargh. I feel guilty just typing that!

Dirk & Nancy said...

Ack! Looks like a bad med student joke! Let's sew on someone's else's foot and see if she notices!