Thursday, July 30, 2009

07_26_09 A new mountain bike!

Last weekend, Dave and I went mountain biking.

It didn't go so well. I rode one of his bikes and it was far too big. I believe being run over by a truck would have been less abusive than riding an over-sized hard tail on these rocky Colorado trails!

After the headache subsided, and I got feeling back in my wrists, I started thinking I would give mountain biking another try.

Under one condition - a new bike for me. :) So, our fleet has expanded with a beautiful mango-mountain bike! I think the color works well with all the others. Ha!

For its maiden voyage, we drove to Nederland to meet Roy and Lisa for some riding. We cruised around, then celebrated (we'll celebrate anything) at their home with a delicious dinner and just the right wine.
What a great time! Mountain biking has been redeemed in my eyes. :)

Of course, it has been cold and raining since before this ride so the poor bike has been anxiously awaiting its next outing. Hopefully that will be soon...

First, we gotta hit the Sierras...



Free Blog Counter


No comments: