Saturday, January 24, 2009

01/17/09 An Old Slide Party at the House



Dave and I hosted what turned out to be a riotous party at the house. The people invited were encouraged to bring about 20 old photos or slides. The images were to be at least 20 years old.



We had a great turnout with lots of very fun friends attending. Lots of good food, lots of adult beverages and lots of great conversation.
While at the party, the slides were shown to much roaring laughter and heckling. There were some hilarious photos and winners (by crowd vote) as to the best set.



Here are just a few of the really funny slides. You can see Dave's first solo attempt in Puerto Rico in 1967. I understand he freed the coconut tree about 2/3 of the way up. I could not find a record that this ascent has been completed to date.



Uh, the red pants! This is Dave in Yosemite many years ago. He's climbing with Quinn and listening to some hard rock for sure. This photo made people cry from laughing so hard!



I didn't have much that was over 20 years old. There was my kindergarten photo however. I've hardly changed a bit! Well, maybe just a little... :)



And finally, this one from circa 1993 got a lot of laughs. Where do I even start? Check out my hair, my nails and especially the way I am looking at the person next to me!!



It was really a great time. We are still snickering about the gems shown. We'll definitely have to do it again soon...


Free Blog Counter


No comments: